Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Dean Ambrose will start wrestling for indie promotions after he finishes filming on Cagefighter, per Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
- Due to his already diagnosed spinal stenosis and the concussion he recently suffered, rajah.com reports there’s concern backstage Sheamus could be “winding down his career in the near future.
- According to Casey Michael of Squared Circle Sirens, NXT announcer Percy Watson has quit WWE to pursue an acting career.
- The latest on WWE’s handling of talent’s social media accounts is Ryback posting a 2016 letter covering numerous trademark issues, one of which involved asking that Twitter, Snapchat & Instagram accounts with the Ryback name be transfered back to the company.
- It was noted in the WON that Bruiser Brody and Buddy Rose’s widows said they weren’t told their husbands were being added as Legacy inductees to WWE’s Hall Of Fame, and only learned about it online.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.