Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter says there are many wrestlers in WWE who are in the middle and want out but have kept that private.
- There’s been more talk of the WWE Network being revamped before 2020.
- WrestleVotes notes that those within WWE hope the Lars Sullivan stuff dies down quickly and everyone moves on from it.
- Shayna Baszler vs. Io Shirai is expected for the NXT TakeOver: XXV event on June 1, per advertisements going around.
- Per the Observer, AEW is expected to start airing its weekly television show sometime in the fall.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.