Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Daniel Bryan vs. Kofi Kingston will be the main event of Fastlane, says the Observer.
- They also say there was talk at one point of doing a women’s tag team title match at WrestleMania 35 featuring a team from Raw, SmackDown, and NXT in a Fatal 4-Way.
- In the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, it’s noted that “a lot of top NXT talent” would rather stay in NXT and not be called up to Raw or SmackDown. They go on to say at least one top star “dreads” the idea of moving up but others can’t wait to.
- Per PW Insider, TJP did not ask for his release like Hideo Itami and Tye Dillinger.
- Noam Dar has switched brands to NXT UK and that’s where he will primarily work now, says Insider.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.