Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Roman Reigns health was discussed on a recent Observer Radio, and doctors Dave Meltzer spoke to for research (not Roman’s or WWE’s medical team) said that Reigns filming a movie so soon after announcing his diagnosis is a sign his leukemia is “not a deadly form” and “with that form he would be wrestling soon”, so a relatively quick comeback is not out of the question.
- Following up on Wrestling Observer’s report last week, rajah.com’s sources tell them WWE has been telling wrestlers they’ll double salaries if they re-sign “on the spot”. They’re also offering legends and non-wrestlers 50% pay increases to re-sign.
- Rajah’s source also confirms earlier reports WWE will pull out all the stops to re-sign AJ Styles when his deal is up this spring, including “major concessions on his work schedule”.
- According to PW Insider Elite Audio, WWE and Bellator had an agreement in place which allowed Jack Swagger to use so many elements from his wrestling career during his MMA debut on Saturday night.
- Lots of pictures and videos of fans being asked to remove All Elite Wrestling (AEW) merch at Royal Rumble were floating around social media yesterday.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.