Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Following up on yesterday’s rumor about Backlash being cancelled, Wrestling Observer reports WWE’s June schedule is largely up in the air due to the still “not 100 percent” Saudi Arabia show on the 7th. That includes the unannounced NXT TakeOver planned for San Jose on June 8.
- Though she’s currently listed as a SmackDown talent on WWE.com, Bryan Alvarez said on Wrestling Observer Live Becky Lynch will be a Raw Superstar after she drops the SmackDown Women’s title.
- If that was CM Punk at MKE Wrestling last Friday, it wasn’t the first time he’s appeared at an indie show under a mask, per Barstool Sports’ Robbie Fox, who says it’s happened “3 or 4 times since 2015”.
- WWE wants to make this year’s men’s Money in the Bank winner look “like a STAR”, according to WrestleVotes. The Twitter account also claims “the feeling backstage is that they have completely blown the winners & cash ins the last 2 years.”
- Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia is currently advertising Roman Reigns vs. Randy Orton, Baron Corbin vs. Seth Rollins, and AJ Styles vs. Drew McIntyre matches for July’s Extreme Rules.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.